HandyMensch Home Remodeling specializes in small to medium sized residential remodeling and large-scale repair projects in the Northern Virginia area. Our work includes kitchens, bathrooms, basements, structural repairs and whole house facelifts. We value friendly customer focused employees to help maintain and build our excellent reputation. Our clients are primarily busy professionals with hectic work or family commitments. They want a company that can be trusted to work in their home and get a high-quality job done on time.
We are currently seeking an experienced Selections Coordinator that will be accountable for managing multiple sales opportunities by writing detailed proposals inclusive of client selected finishes and fixture schedules. Your goal is to ensure the client has a full understand of the project through your detailed written proposal then, once signed, bridging the internal communication by transitioning the project to production with an eye towards zero defects.
The ideal candidate has a history of client satisfaction, in depth knowledge of residential remodeling including trades, material take offs, ordering fixtures, cabinets, and other finish materials. The successful candidate will expedite and collect documentation from employees, trades and suppliers to create a detailed statement of work with the associated pricing for each opportunity. Preference given to the candidate with the initiative and experience to help our growing company create and implement processes and systems that build efficiency and profitability.
The primary responsibilities of the position will include:
• Work closely with a salesperson to complete all aspects of our sales process including: Interacting with prospects and clients, obtaining quotes for subcontractors and materials, assembling and pricing proposals.
• Results-oriented focus to set potential for success with an eye towards completion of the project on-time, on budget, and always striving for zero defects.
• Client contact from the point of initial contact, through site and showroom visits, then seamlessly handing off the client relationship to production.
• Professional knowledge of the residential remodeling industry including industry terms, trades, materials and best practices.
• Support and working with a salesperson to perform site evaluations, material takeoffs, and assemble the package required to price a project. Schedule any resources required during the sales process (for example: a structural engineer site visit)
• Attend sales meetings on site to take detailed project notes, measurements, pictures of existing conditions as needed. Perform follow up site visits on your own.
• Serve as backup to the salesperson by following up on an initial client calls to confirm requirements, explain our value proposition and set an initial sales appointment.
• Track and obtain the execution the signed proposals and change orders (i.e., upload for electronic signature, processing payments and sending receipts/acknowledgements to the client).
• Responsible for transitioning signed projects to our production team including: pre-construction meetings, ordering materials (or confirming orders before they are placed), introducing the production manager to the client and relaying critical details that will make the project successful.
• Nights and weekend work will be required during peak / busy times
• Utilize initiative to build organization and efficiency during off peak times.
• 3+ years of residential construction selection experience. A history of managing multiple concurrent proposals with lots of balls in the air. This includes delivering clear requirements and following up to confirm execution with employees, subs, partners and suppliers. Experience with trade specific materials such as electrical, plumbing, framing, etc is a plus.
• 3+ years of planning the financial aspects of a remodeling proposal. This includes budgeting for the profitability of the project, working with showrooms and other resources to select materials/designs that stay within budget
• 1+ years of sales support experience – participating with a salesperson in an initial client call, taking detailed notes on the client requirements, following up with the client to schedule showroom appointments, trade walks, etc.
• Technology savvy - be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel, email, smartphone, uploading pictures, web-based project management software. You will be expected to have high speed internet access at your home when working off hours.
• Must be able to pass a background check including driving record, drug and criminal.
• We prefer candidates that reside in Fairfax County, Arlington or Alexandria.
Compensation for the position:
• Includes a $40,000 - $50,000 base salary based on experience, bonuses, paid holidays, vacation and 401k with matching.
When applying for this position please do the following:
• Submit a resume in Word or PDF format showing the details of your experience. We want to know how you helped propose new projects and participated in closing new business. Please include your address, phone number and email.
• Include the definition of a Mensch in the body of your email so we know you read the entire job description. If you do not include it you will not be considered for the position. You may cut/paste our definition or get creative and tell us how you meet the definition of a Mensch.
• Be prepared for multiple interviews. The right candidate is looking for a career as a key participant in building a company, not a 9 to 5 job.
• We are only accepting applicants via email. No phone calls please
We are only accepting applicants via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please